Connect Leadinfo to Google Analytics 4 to send over Leadinfo data to your reports!
Access valuable Leadinfo data about your website visitors in Google Analytics. You can easily set up the integration within Leadinfo. Once you have connected Leadinfo to Google Analytics, the sessions of your website visitors will automatically be enriched with Leadinfo data.
In this article, we will cover:
- The benefits of the Google Analytics integration
- What data is sent over to GA4
- How to set up the integration
- Important information about the Google Analytics integration
The benefits of the Google Analytics integration
The Google Analytics integration enhances your Google Analytics statistics with Leadinfo data. This offers the following benefits:
- Generate detailed Google Analytics reports with business characteristics of your website visitors, such as their industry, company size, and location.
- Measure and optimize the effectiveness of your marketing efforts. For example, you can see which companies generate the most conversions and which marketing channels work best for specific target audiences.
- Gain valuable insights about the quality and value of your website traffic.
- Create specific target audiences based on business characteristics, such as revenue and number of employees. This allows you to run targeted marketing campaigns and display relevant ads to specific target groups.
What company data is sent over?
- Company name
- Postal code
- Founding year
- Number of employees
- National industry code
- International industry code (SIC)
- Legal entity
How to connect Google Analytics to Leadinfo
Step 1: Log in to the Leadinfo portal and go to settings.
Step 2: Select "Google Analytics" under integrations.
Step 3: Click on "Sign in with Google".
Step 4: Log in with your Google account and grant Leadinfo permission to access your Google Analytics environment.
Please note: Make sure to connect an account that has Admin rights in Google Analytics.
Step 5: Select the Leadinfo tracking code you want to associate with a Google Analytics property from the overview.
Step 6: In the details screen, select the Google Analytics account and the specific Google Analytics property you want to connect with the Leadinfo tracking code.
Step 7: Click on "Save".
From now on, the sessions of your business website visitors will be automatically enriched with Leadinfo data. This happens every hour through an event called 'leadinfo_enrich'. It may take up to 24 hours for the sessions from the previous day to be visible in Google Analytics.
Important information about the Google Analytics integration
Here are some key points to know about the Google Analytics integration:
- When linking a Google Analytics property to a Leadinfo tracking code, nine user-scoped custom dimensions and a measurement protocol secret will be automatically created in Google Analytics.
- There is a limit of 25 user-scoped custom dimensions per Google Analytics property. Meaning if you've already set up 20 user-scope customer dimensions in your account, Leadinfo will only push 5 dimensions to GA4.
- When unlinking a Google Analytics property, both the custom dimensions created by Leadinfo and the measurement protocol created by Leadinfo will be removed.
- After unlinking a Google Analytics property, audience segments in Google Analytics that are (partly) based on Leadinfo's custom dimensions will not be removed.
- There is a limit of 36 characters for the value of a custom dimension. Values longer than 36 characters will be truncated after the limit.
- When unlinking the Google Analytics integration, all remaining links between Google Analytics properties and Leadinfo tracking codes will also be removed.